Orange Sichuan Peppercorn Chocolate Bar by Silver Wisk Bake Shop
This bar is part of a collection of gourmet chocolate bars both classically and whimsically inspired by the flavors of Nancy's childhood (owner of Silver Whisk) growing up as a Chinese kid in America. This collection is a stunningly delicious ode to both traditional American flavors and what we'd like to call second-generation Asian American flavors! We present to you the old classics, exciting new flavor combinations, and an extra touch of pure, unapologetic indulgence.
Tingly, lemony, floral, red Sichuan peppercorn paired with candied orange peels on smooth and velvety blond chocolate with notes of butter, caramel, and shortbread. You'll experience deep citrus umami notes from the candied orange which pair so beautifully with the peppercorn. Your taste buds will be going on a completely new adventure with this addicting flavor combination!
Sichuan peppercorn is a spice commonly used in Sichuan cuisine, which is a style of Chinese cuisine originating from the Sichuan province. It has a long history, dating back to the Eastern Han dynasty (25–220 CE), and was initially used for medicinal purposes. However, over time it became popular in cooking, particularly in dishes such as Mapo tofu and Kung Pao chicken, where it adds a unique numbing and tingling sensation to the dish, known as "ma" in Chinese cuisine. We're taking this historic ingredient and giving it a new spin!
Size: +/- 55g grams (1.94oz)
5.4" length x 2.2" width
Made in a commercial kitchen that also processes: wheat, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, coconut
Ingredients + Allergy Info
[Blonde chocolate] cocoa butter, sugar, whole MILK powder, dried skimmed MILK, butter emulsifier: sunflower lecithin, natural vanilla extract, salt [Candied Orange Peels] Orange peel, glucose-fructose syrup, sucrose, potassium sorbate, citric acid, sulphur dioxide, red Sichuan peppercorn
CONTAINS: MILK, SOY
Disclaimer: Chocolate Purchase
By purchasing these chocolates, the buyer acknowledges and accepts that:
- The chocolates are sourced from a third-party supplier.
- The chocolates are made in a commercial kitchen where various allergens are processed, including but not limited to: wheat, eggs, milk, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, and coconut.
- While utmost care is taken to prevent cross-contamination, there is a possibility of trace amounts of allergens being present in the chocolates.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to assess their own allergies and sensitivities before consuming the chocolates.
- The seller cannot be held liable for any allergic reactions or adverse effects resulting from the consumption of these chocolates.
- This bar contains milk and soy.
By proceeding with the purchase, the buyer agrees to the terms outlined in this disclaimer.